Wednesday 15 May 2013

The Gallery: New


I know, I know, it's a tad obvious and perhaps a little lazy, but I think the word new will always, to me, conjur up images of babies.

This is Jasmine, on 3rd December 2008, at a little after three in the afternoon.  Less than five hours old.

So new and so perfect.

It's funny, I've mentioned newborn Jasmine twice today already.

Once to Jas herself, when we were walking to Caterpillars and (as always) we were running late.  I checked the time on my phone and it said 10:51.

"Amazing!" I remarked.

Which led to a conversation about the day Jasmine was born, via my telling her that I always seem to look at the clock at 10:51.  Daily.

The significance?

It was her time of birth.

Later on, I mentioned to someone that Jasmine had looked slightly Chinese as a newborn, which immediately brought me to this picture.

I remember, clear as anything, James laughing that she resembled Chairman Mao.

On the day that this photo was taken.

Back when she was new.

1 comment:

  1. All these lovely new babies I'm seeing on posts bring back lovely memories x

    ReplyDelete