Tuesday 26 March 2013

Vegetable muffins and Tulleys Farm


This morning, I made carrot and courgette muffins, in a vain attempt to encourage Sonny to eat more some vegetables. Of course, I didn't tell him what was in them. I hoped that if I presented them to him as cakes, he would accept them as just that and happily devour the lot.

Unfortunately, Sonny is not silly. He may not know vegetables, but he does know cake.

He was keen to try them, but his enthusiasm did not last for long.




For anyone interested, the recipe for the muffins is as follows:-
 
1/2 courgette, grated
1 small carrot, grated
1 small box of raisins
1 egg
2 tbsp milk
1 tbsp sunflower oil
1tsp baking powder
75g flour
15g soft brown sugar

Add all of the wet ingredients (including the fruit and veg) into a bowl and stir.

Gradually fold in the dry ingredients.

Spoon into muffin cases and bake at 220 degrees in a preheated oven for 12-15 minutes.

A simple, healthy and yummy snack, if you are not my ridiculously fussy two year old son!
 
Muffin debacle aside, we had a lovely afternoon on the farm, courtesy of Ice rewards (more on that later) - even on the way up on the train, which proved a great portable track for Sonny's engines! 


 

 
Despite the very cold weather, Jasmine and Sonny both had lots of fun at Tulleys Farm and are very much looking forward to going back in the summer!
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm with Sonny! Don't try and make my cake healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same for a long time! I was like Miranda Hart on Room 101, trying to ban "Fruit and veg out of context". Even carrot cake was a no-go area. BUT, I am really struggling to get Sonny to eat anything remotely healthy. Vegetable cakes are my last resort :)

      Delete