Monday 31 December 2012

2012 - The Year That Was

2012 has not been kind to my family, to put it mildly.  Plans that were meticulously brought together ended up being trampled on by those around us, with no thought for our feelings.

I was, inexplicably, frozen out by my partner's family, which has made things difficult for us all.  Note to those who choose not to like me - do not take it out on my children, it is not their fault, nor should they suffer for it.

We were evicted, twice, and subject to a nasty case of harrassment by a previous landlord.  During six hellish months, we endured police contact, threatening behaviour and invasions of privacy.  There was a lot of emotional distress.  A lot of stress.

As a result of the aforementioned evictions, we have lived in a total of five different properties this year, with various people.  This has meant a lot of moving round and not much stability.  Particularly, I did not enjoy living in other people's homes, on their terms.

I have had to watch my husband be taken off in an ambulance, once, and had to call one for him on another occasion, for a separate problem.  I do not wish to repeat either scenario anytime soon.

Most recently, hubby and myself have spent 11 weeks apart, in different countries.  A painful separation, by all accounts, but one borne out of necessity. 

So 2012 is a little bit on my shit list.

Here's to 2013.  May it be brighter and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment