Wednesday 11 May 2011

Reasons To Be Cheerful

On a day that has found me trying to entertain two lively bundles whilst worrying incessantly about their poor father who is in bed and in pain (back troubles), I have decided to document the things in life that are special to me and that make me happy.

1. My children. Ok, so it is a little obvious, but they have changed my life and so much for the better. I cannot be uncheered for too long with them around.


2. My partner. We may not have much money, and sometimes feel like bad luck is the only luck we have, but we have a bloody good laugh, and I love him. He loves me too, which is nice :)


3. Other family and friends - Mum, Amy, Chloe, Dad, Sam, Nan, Grandad and my BEST mate Fizz. These people give the best love, support and awesome times.


4. Michael McIntyre. He's just funny.


5. Family Guy. I defy anyone to watch this show and NOT laugh at some point.


6. Long, hot baths when the kids are asleep and the house is quiet. Add a few candles and the nicest smelling bath stuff you can find and you've got yourself a little sliver of heaven in your very own bathroom. Best of all, it's a completely free way to feel cheered!


7. Summer is a'coming. I cannot be uncheered knowing that summer is on its way as this generally means spending every day watching the kids learn stuff at the beach, followed by a BBQ for dinner. It may not be as long or hot as we'd ideally want but it's still summer. What's not to like?


8. Cooking. I love to cook, I love to try new recipes, I love it when my family come back to me with clean plates. I don't love the washing up part so much but let us not bemoan that just now.


9. My current social work course is almost finished. Yes, that does mean that there's the small matter of an exam to complete but the worst is over and I will have the whole summer off with (hopefully) a whole 60 points towards my degree under my belt. Yay.


10. Photography. The only thing that makes me happier than seeing my family happy is capturing that moment.


So there they are, my ten reasons for being cheerful, how about yours?

For those of you feeling less than sparky today, who don't think they could find a whole ten reasons, there's a little quizette to be taken here:

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifehack/11-reasons-to-be-cheerful.html

I scored 10, how did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment